Saturday, November 13, 2010

You like DW so...

Hi, I'm HarrySaxon, and this is sort of a test post on this blog. I often like a bizarre variety of shows. Doctor Who is tops on my list, but I thought it'd be fun to see who has seen or liked some of my other eclectic favorites. This is in no way an exhaustive; it's just what is on my mind right now. I'll post 3, see what you think?

1.Sherlock

I won't waist too much time on this one. I haven't finished it yet, but I love it. I think the pilot episode is far better than anything Moffat wrote for Doctor Who this year, and is right up there with his best writing in Doctor Who. It's witty, fast-paced, and puts every other crime show I've seen to shame in terms of intelligent writing. Arthur Conan Doyle would be proud.



2.Cowboy Bebop

I assume the fact that this is anime will deter a lot of viewers. I generally hate anime, and I was forced against my will to try this. I finished the whole 26 episode series in under a week and have since rewatched it mant times. Cowboy Bebop is a dark, gritty take and sci-fi, western, and noir genres. It follows a small group of bounty hunters lead by an ex-cop and and a former gangster who scour the galaxy for criminals. It's speed and quality of sci-fi belie its deeper philosophical depth. Each character is somehow lost, and searching for a way to reconcile their past and their present. All in all, it is probably the most consistent TV show I have ever seen having only two episodes I would rank as anything less than amazing.

3. Justice League Unlimited

I have yet to meet anyone who liked this show as much as I did. It's very american, having its base in the superhero universe of DC comics. Every superhero on earth has banded together into one group: the Justice League. The villains are running scared, but so are the American people. The government is watching and a storm is coming. Filled with interesting social questions, creative plots, and some of my favorite characters ever (IE, The Question and Booster Gold), this one is not to be missed. While the cheap animation may turn many off, beyond it is a rich and interesting story.

4 comments:

  1. DW good, sherlock good, JLU never seen, cowboy bebop shit :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love sherlock the rest ive not seen

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahahahahaha harry is upset with what combom said

    ReplyDelete